Ender's Blog


Games & Tech Stuff - Geeks Unite!

Saturday, January 07, 2006

National Anthem update

Well, I attended the audition today. #72. I got up there, and absolutely killed that song. In the good way, of course. I really felt good about it, and thought I had a good chance of getting chosen.

2 hours later, the moment had come. My wife had shown up, with video camera in hand, ready to video this joyous occasion. The man walked to center-stage, with a list in his hand. He begins to read....

1 name....
3 names....
7 names.....
...
.....
.......
..........
.............10 names.

No me. :( At this point, a myriad of emotions assail my mind, to include anger, disappointment, and embarrassment. As we left, I was tempted to let my head hang. But inside, I knew that I had done a really great job, and had nothing to be ashamed of. So I sucked it up, and tried my best to take it stoically. Only Mrs. Ender can tell you if I was successful in that attempt. ;)

Better luck next time!!!! :D

Posted by Ender :: 4:16 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------