Ender's Blog


Games & Tech Stuff - Geeks Unite!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Resident Evil goes handheld!!


Yep, you read right. Resident Evil is coming to the Nintendo DS. It is slated for release on Feb 7th of this year, about 2 weeks away. I, for one, am very excited about this release. I enjoyed the first Resident Evil on the PS1 years ago, and I think it will stand the test of time, at least for the handheld market. Let's be honest, we don't expect as much from handheld games as we do from console games.

Apparently, this will be true to the original, with a few minor enhancements. The touch screen will be used to some degree, although I suspect that those segments will be few and far between. You can read more at Gamespot.com's review, which can be found here: http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/residentevilds/news.html?sid=6142714&mode=previews

As I write this, it occurs to me that the NDS is, apparently, capable of rendering graphics equal to those of the PS1. If that is true, there are A LOT of PS1 games that I would like to see ported over. Imagine the possibilities: FFVII, Chrono Cross, Brave Fencer Musashi, Street Fighter, and so many others would be great as portables. Although, there may be an issue with multiple-disc games fitting onto that little NDS cartridge....but I can hope.

Posted by Ender :: 4:44 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------